1. Ranks Available: Assistant Research Fellow, Associate Research Fellow or Research Fellow (Positions roughly correspond to assistant professor, associate professor, and professor at a U.S. university.)
2. Areas of Specialty :
The Xia, Shang and Zhou dynasties, and archaeological study on the Central Plain area.
(1) Applicants must have a PhD degree or have passed thesis defense by the deadline. (Those who have yet to receive the diploma must provide proof of having passed oral exam or of approval of dissertation.)
(2) Applicants applying for associate research fellowship must have served as an associate professor for at least three years at a national university, private university, or independent academy registered by the Ministry of Education; or have served as an associate professor, or as an assistant professor for at least three years, at a foreign university or independent academy recognized by Academia Sinica; or having obtained a PhD degree and thereafter have pursued research work for at least three years at a foreign or domestic research institution recognized by Academia Sinica.
(3) Applicants applying for research fellowship must have served as a professor for at least three years at a national university, private university, or independent academy registered by the Ministry of Education; or have served as a professor, or an associate professor for at least three years, at a foreign university or independent academy recognized by Academia Sinica; or having obtained a PhD degree and thereafter have pursued research work for at least six years at a foreign or domestic research institution recognized by Academia Sinica.
(4) Applicants must have experiences in conducting archaeological fieldwork in mainland China (documents of proof required).
(3) A certified copy of PhD diploma (or certification of a successful thesis defense or the official approval of the thesis)
(4) A statement of research plan (2-3 pages)
(5) Writing samples from the last five years (up to three publications for those applying for assistant research fellowship, and up to six for those applying for associate research fellowship and above). If a PhD dissertation is to be used, please submit the entire dissertation instead of selected chapters.
(6) Two letters of recommendation (hard copies) sent by the recommenders directly to the IHP
Academia Sinica in Taiwan is an all-research institution, and the successful applicant may devote all of his or her time to research and publication, and expect adequate research support.
Applicants are not be required to publish their works in Chinese, but their ability to communicate in spoken Chinese is desirable.
Applications must be received no later than April 30th, 2019. Please inform us by email upon sending an application.
Please send application materials to: Employment Review Committee Institute of History & Philology, Academia Sinica 128 Academia Road, Section 2; Nankang Taipei, Taiwan 11529
Contact: Ms. Shih-ting Lu Secretariat Institute of History & Philology, Academia Sinica Tel: 886-2-2782-9555 ext?240, Fax: 886-2-2783-1815, Email: email@example.com
About Institute of History and Philology, Academia Sinica
The Institute of History and Philology is an interdisciplinary research institution. Its faculty study history, archaeology, anthropology and philology. They pursue individual research and scholarly collaboration. They also work to expand their research into new areas, and develop new research tools or databases for research. Besides contributing to the academic community and the public with the findings of research, the institute preserves and makes publicly accessible enormous collections of historical documents and artifacts.
BACK TO TOP
SAA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else SAA Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at SAA Career Center.